- Competitive Salary
- Full Time
To support business expansion, we are currently looking for someone to join our growing 2nd line team with experience in actively managing and troubleshooting Microsoft technologies in a hybrid environment. The responsibilities of the team are far-reaching, so a level of wider technology experience is also highly desirable to enhance this role.
This position is in our Service Operations team, which provides support to a wide range of Managed Service contracts utilising the ITIL framework. The team are based at our Shrivenham site, with occasional travel to other sites to support project requirements.
- Department: Service Operations & Technical Support, Technical Delivery
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
Routine duties include but are not limited to:
- Upkeep of a number of shared Active Directory structures, associated Group Policy management and necessary security measures
- Managing hybrid environments across a mixture of both on-prem and Azure/O365 infrastructure
- Support & troubleshooting of multi-tenant MECM (SCCM) platforms
- Packaging, deploying, and troubleshooting user applications across estates comprising both virtualised and physical machines
- Maintaining and configuring Hyper-V environments and RDS farms
- Development and support of highly automated build images (Win10) for end user devices, and ownership of associated processes
- Act as a technical lead within the team for Microsoft technologies, mentoring others or creating knowledge items where appropriate
- Resolution of reported faults escalated by the Service Desk to 2nd Line Support within defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ensuring all actions carried out on issues and incidents are recorded accurately in the Service Management toolset
- The deployment of both standard and complex changes to the customers’ infrastructures
- Managing test and rollout of security patches, software upgrades, and new software applications
- Participate in project work on new system implementations and changes arising from continuous service improvement plans
- Investigating opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- The development of technical procedures that can be operated and managed by the entire Support team
- The ability to work outside of normal working hours to provide standby cover and out of hours services as per an on-call rota
What skills and experience do you need?
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM / SCCM)
- Microsoft Cloud solutions (Azure, O365 etc.)
- Microsoft Hyper-V and Remote Desktop Services
- Other ancillary Microsoft products – Group Policy, Active Directory etc.
- Must be able to hold an SC Security Clearance
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SharePoint
- VMware ESX and vCenter
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Linux (RHEL and CentOS)
- AV Products (e.g. McAfee EPO and Sophos)
- IT service management tool (ITIL model)
- Open-source monitoring tools (Icinga/Grafana/Nagios)
- Routing/switching/firewall technologies
- Secure managed WLAN products (e.g. Aruba)
A bit about us
Prolinx offers a great opportunity to grow your career and can offer many prospects for the future. If you’re ambitious, highly self-motivated and ready for a challenge then this is the time to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work for a UK market leader in secure managed services.
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our growing team. As a UK based SME, we are keen to expand our network and develop our services so we need people we can rely on, who work well in a small team and who are confident in what they do.
You will be a part of a great company, where your skills and experience will be tested and valued.
Prolinx Employee Benefits
Learning & Development opportunities
Up to 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
+ Long service holiday rewards
Flexible working options
Company Bonus schemes
Pension matched up to 10%
Cycle to Work scheme
Health & well-being scheme
Perkbox discount options
Charitable opportunities & events
Vetting support & sponsorship
Financial support for advanced vetting
Free healthy office snacks, fruit & drinks
Supportive working culture