- Competitive Salary
- Full Time
To support business expansion, we are currently looking for someone to join our growing 2nd line team with experience in actively managing and troubleshooting network infrastructure. The responsibilities of the team are far-reaching, so a level of wider technology experience is also highly desirable to enhance this role.
This position is in our Service Operations team, which provides support to a wide range of Managed Service contracts utilising the ITIL framework. The team are based at our Shrivenham site, with occasional travel to other sites to support project requirements.
- Department: Service Operations & Technical Support
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
Routine duties include but are not limited to:
- Support and troubleshooting of complex network systems across multiple platforms in secure, remote environments.
- Management of server, virtualisation, and storage environments
- Supporting server OS (Windows and Linux) and applications in customer environments
- Develop capacity guidelines and associated monitoring for the network infrastructure across the estate
- Mentor and support other team members and cultivate knowledge base articles for your technical disciplines
- Resolution of reported faults escalated by the Service Desk to 2nd Line Support within defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ensuring all actions carried out on issues and incidents are recorded accurately in the Service Management toolset
- The deployment of both standard and complex changes to the customers’ infrastructures
- Managing test and rollout of security patches, software upgrades, and new software applications
- Participate in project work on new system implementations and changes arising from continuous service improvement plans
- Investigating opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Development of technical procedures which can be operated and managed by the support teams
- The ability to work outside of normal working hours to provide standby cover and out of hours services as per an on-call rota
What skills and experience do you need?
- Networking LAN/WAN technologies
- Switching (Cisco)
- Routing (Fortinet and Juniper)
- Load balancing (Fortinet and Kemp)
- VPN and encryption technologies
- Secure managed WLAN (e.g. Aruba, Meraki or similar).
- Server OS support (Windows and/or Linux).
- VMware ESX and vCenter.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools (e.g. SolarWinds, Nagios etc).
- Must be able to hold an SC Security Clearance
Experience in would be advantageous:
- Windows Server 2016/19 AD environment
- Linux (RHEL6 onwards (7+ desirable) and/or CentOS equivalents)
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, NSE4+)
- Voice systems and associated IP protocols (VOIP, SIP)
- Dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Automation platforms (e.g. Ansible Tower)
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM / SCCM)
- Integration with public cloud services (e.g. Azure, AWS, O365)
- Database technologies (MSSQL, FlexDB)
- Backup and Restore (EMC and Veeam)
- IT Service Management toolsets
- Storage technologies (EMC VNX, unity, DataDomain, Brocade FC, iSCSI etc)
- Security assurance products (device control, antivirus solutions, MDM etc)
A bit about us
Prolinx offers a great opportunity to grow your career and can offer many prospects for the future. If you’re ambitious, highly self-motivated and ready for a challenge then this is the time to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work for a UK market leader in secure managed services.
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our growing team. As a UK based SME, we are keen to expand our network and develop our services so we need people we can rely on, who work well in a small team and who are confident in what they do.
You will be a part of a great company, where your skills and experience will be tested and valued.
Prolinx Employee Benefits
Learning & Development opportunities
Up to 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
+ Long service holiday rewards
Flexible working options
Company Bonus schemes
Pension matched up to 10%
Cycle to Work scheme
Health & well-being scheme
Perkbox discount options
Charitable opportunities & events
Vetting support & sponsorship
Financial support for advanced vetting
Free healthy office snacks, fruit & drinks
Supportive working culture