- Competitive Salary
- Full Time
Do you want to be part of a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to design and develop technical solutions to support a number of key government agencies?
Do you want to be part of a team who provide leading edge secure solutions for customers in defence, blue light, science/medical and other industry research departments?
If you are passionate about technology and innovation with a strong desire to understand how different technologies operate and want to test your abilities then we are keen to talk to you.
Step Forward and Realise your full potential by joining an agile and talented team who is responsible for developing, building and supporting technical 1st line solutions within a secure managed services context along with diagnosing and resolving incidents with existing infrastructure.
You will be a part of a great company, where you will be able to grow and develop your skills and experience.
- Department: Service Operations & Technical Support, Technical Delivery
- Type: Full Time (24x7 rota)
- Salary: Competitive
What you’ll be doing:
You will be part of the team that represent the face of Prolinx to its managed service customers as such operating on the front line.
This is a shift based role that ensures we can provide our customers with a 24x7x365 service.
A typical breakdown of your role would be:
- Acting as an initial point of contact for external and internal customers providing support to users
- Ensuring that all communications to the Desk, phone calls, e-mails etc. are answered promptly and in a professional and courteous manner
- Responding to requests for support by identifying, registering and categorising incidents
- Identifying and communicating ideas for improvements in quality and/or efficiency
- Resolve issues at first call using standard operating procedures and knowledge base
- Troubleshooting and resolving basic technical issues
- Following agreed procedures, promptly allocating incidents as appropriate and in accordance with agreed SLA’s and KPI’s
- Ensuring customers are provided with regular updates, and progression is made in line with Service Level Targets
- Ensuring that all actions and diagnostics performed are recorded accurately in the Service Management Tool
What skills and experience do you need?
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in a customer support environment
- Excellent customer Service communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Ability to obtain Government Security Clearance (SC) with no restrictions.
- IT support skills
- Microsoft Office suite
- Windows 10 and Microsoft Server 2016-2019
- Active Directory and User Account management
- General knowledge of basic software installation and network hardware (Desirable)
- General knowledge of desktop computing
- Ability to troubleshoot technical support issues
- Working with LINUX operating systems
- Network design and TCP/IP
- Server backups and restores
- Operating and configuring monitoring tools such as SolarWinds or Icinga
- Laptop/Desktop builds from bare metal
What we need from you:
- Strong at problem solving with excellent time Management & organisational skills
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- A desire to grow and develop in the role and through the company
- Pride in what you do
- Ready to work under pressure and within strong security constraints
- Prepared to work in technologies outside of your core skill set with the support and guidance from others
- Prepared to travel, when necessary, to customer sites or other Prolinx locations
- Able to obtain Security Clearance to SC level and potential to DV
A bit about us
Prolinx offers a great opportunity to grow your career and can offer many prospects for the future. If you’re ambitious, highly self-motivated and ready for a challenge then this is the time to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work for a UK market leader in secure managed services.
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our growing team. As a UK based SME, we are keen to expand our network and develop our services so we need people we can rely on, who work well in a small team and who are confident in what they do.
You will be a part of a great company, where your skills and experience will be tested and valued.
Prolinx Employee Benefits
Learning & Development opportunities
Up to 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
+ Long service holiday rewards
Flexible working options
Company Bonus schemes
Pension matched up to 10%
Cycle to Work scheme
Health & well-being scheme
Perkbox discount options
Charitable opportunities & events
Vetting support & sponsorship
Financial support for advanced vetting
Free healthy office snacks, fruit & drinks
Supportive working culture