Customers that wish to develop their own environments and require scalable, secure, high performance storage, compute and network resources in a UK Sovereign private cloud.
Customers would also like to maintain the development and support aspects of virtual workloads in addition to the application layer.
AVAILABLE / ACCREDITED AT:
Highest security tiers, MOD Assurance levels and Commercially Assured for non-protectively marked data.
Prolinx Assured Cloud, MOD networks and other customer networks meeting the required security controls.
Prolinx is able to offer customers the option of an Infrastructure as a Service capability where users can select pre-built or customer imported machine templates and deploy them into multiple environments. Prolinx supports up to the Operating System level, ensuring the underlying platform remains secure, highly available, continuously patched, monitored and compliant.
The makeup of the virtual workload (storage, RAM, CPU, network, Operating Systems Environment) is configurable by the customer and the workloads can be deployed either vanilla or fully secured and hardened using Prolinx accredited templates. Workloads can also be enrolled into Prolinx fully managed Active Directory solutions to support an IDAM capability and additional layers of security.
Prolinx IaaS is offered across a selection of environments subject to customer requirements including:
- Test & Development (T&D) for system engineers offering a continuous DevOps experience
- Pre-Production (Pre-Prod) allowing select users to test updates and new application functionality
- Production (Prod) live environment with authorisation workflows to ensure control and compliance
- Drive down Total Cost of Ownership and burden of technical refresh of hardware
- Predictable OPEX Cost certainty aids budgeting and planning
- Enables the alignment of resources to business needs, especially where infrastructure demands may not be initially transparent
- Solution designed to deliver optimum performance to compliment customers’ strategic business goals
- Allows organisational expansion through scale up provisioning
- Underpins the foundations for business continuity with built-in redundancy (N+1) strengthening business resilience capability
- Optimised security safeguarding by specialist security engineers
- Service Desk monitoring enables pro-active demand management notification for potential capacity threshold breaches
Prolinx IaaS is underpinned by the latest generation highly available compute clusters, with continuous firmware updates to stay secure, leveraging the latest features and functionality. Prolinx engineers maintain and support the underlying infrastructure throughout the service lifecycle.
Infrastructure is designed to be highly resilient, with multiple data centres linked by high speed, dedicated cross-site connections, ensuring availability, high system performance and a secured connection is always available.
Pre-built hardened VM templates are available for a broad range of Operating Systems and secure remote access is available to manage your systems and workloads. Templates can be deployed via a self-service portal, with customer dashboard and reporting options available to assist with managing your virtual workloads and environments.